Permit #1 Mailers
Quality, Efficiency, & Service have made us number one in bulk mailing
|Return to Permit 1 Home Page|
Direct Mail Industry News
PostalOne!® Web ServicesWhats In It for You:
Window Book President, Jeff Peoples, Addresses National Postal Forum
National Postal Forum, Washington, DC September 21, 2004: Today, as part of the National Postal Forums special Product Preview Theater, Window Book President Jeff Peoples provided the Mailing Industry with the insight mailers need to benefit greatly from the new U.S. Postal Service PostalOne! Web Services initiative. Window Book Postal Products Manager, Lloyd Moss, followed with an in-depth look at Window Books support for PostalOne! Web Services. The text of Jeff Peoples National Postal Forum address follows:
Good morning, I am Jeff Peoples, president of Window Book, Inc.
The United States Postal Service is embarking on a major effort
The first software companies to support Postalone! Web Services are truly the pioneers and, as such we will take some arrows along the way. Web Services development is very expensive and made more so by constant refinements to the specifications. Besides facing the technical challenges of implementing Web Services, software vendors must also find ways for their applications to take full advantage of what PostalOne! Web Services can do in a user-friendly way. But this innovation for USPS and the mailing industry is so worthwhile that we welcome these challenges.
Window Book has a long history of pioneering products in the mailing industry. Since developing the first electronic Domestic Mail Manual in 1989, Window Book has continued to rank consistently among the leaders in developing easy-to-use and affordable software solutions to meet evolving industry needs. Window Book took the lead in parcel manifesting, becoming the first MAC-Gold certified vendor. With cutting-edge support for Mail.dat-based postage document generation and management, Lettershop Postage Accounting, and other USPS initiatives, Window Book has led the way with economical off-the-shelf products to support shippers and mailers wide-ranging needs. Window Book has a proven track record as an innovator that is sensitive and responsive to the needs of the mailing industry.
For almost a year, Window Book has been working to support PostalOne! Web Services. It has been an expensive and bumpy journey, but Window Book is committed to this innovative program and much progress has recently been made. Window Book believes PostalOne! Web Services will be of tremendous benefit to all of its clients and to the mailing industry as a whole. Not only
Though the first software companies to support Postalone! Web Services may face hardships, the first mailers to use this technology will enjoy tremendous benefits that will give them a substantial advantage over other mailers in some important areas.
Window Book believes that electronic exchange of postage information between parties, including the United States Postal Service and other software products in the mailing process, will be Window Books crowning achievement. Window Book can already interface to popular business management systems used by the mailing industry, including PRO-MAIL® and Mail-Shop. Interfaces to other products are already in development. PostalOne! Web Services, in combination with these interfaces, can automate the exchange of final postage information, which makes these interfaces even more valuable and easy-to-use. The synergy between PostalOne! Web Services and the other interfaces creates a situation where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
Before we get into the specifics of what PostalOne! Web Services does and how Window Book will utilize it to solve a number of industry problems, lets look at these challenges:
1. Having USPS personnel typing in statement data can slow down the acceptance process. PostalOne! Web Services will change all that.
2. Detached Mail Unit personnel without access to PostalOne!
3. Speaking of postage accounting, mailers and mail owners that pay for postage using CAPS currently have to struggle to reconcile their statements with their CAPS transaction detail. Statements were often arbitrarily consolidated when entered into to the old Permit System, which made CAPS entries difficult to reconcile with statements. To make matters worse, this consolidation introduced rounding errors. PostalOne! Web Services will change all that.
4. For many years, most mailers have had to spend a lot of time and money providing legal proof of mailing to their clients. This usually is provided in the form of round-stamped postage statement copies mailers must fax or mail to clients. PostalOne! Web Services promises to change all that.
5. For mailers not using CAPS, funding a permit means sending someone down to the Post Office with a check and waiting for the check to be processed before entering mail on that permit. PostalOne! will change all that.
6. Waiting for a day or more for a round-stamped statement to be returned so you know the postage is final can delay your ability to bill the postage and close out a job on your accounting system. PostalOne! Web Services will change all that.
7. Printing, handling and storing mountains of qualification reports or floating batch manifests plus round-stamped postage statements to meet USPS or IRS records-retention requirements costs mailers a lot of money. PostalOne! Web Services along with Window Book will change all that.
About Window Book, Inc.
|Permit #1 Mailers
1499 W River Road
Minneapolis MN 55411-3429
Web Marketing by Nielsen Technical Services